Sign in to follow this  
cdenbow

Weird Startup Behavior TMG 9.05 (Always opens to same person, View List reverts to older list)

For the last two weeks, I've been experiencing weird start-up behavior. This all started after I did extensive work one day on the screen of Thomas Denbow, late of the 77th OVI. Now, every time I start TMG, it goes to his page, and all of the most recent people that I've worked on are erased from the View screen's list of recent people and it reverts to the list that would have been current when I worked on the aforementioned Thomas' Person screen. I've tried all the various maintenance options, and nothing seems to solve this problem. I also posted this question on TMG-L and there were several suggestions made, none of which worked. No matter what I've tried, I can't get back to the default of opening TMG to the last person worked on and retaining the current View list. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. While this is a relatively minor annoyance, it is an annoyance nonetheless.

Carl

First, run the installer for the version of TMG9 that you are running and select [Repair]. If that doesn't work...

The view history is saved in the PJC file. It sounds like your PJC file could be damaged.

Send me your PJC file (from your project's folder) and I'll check it. You can contact me by email by clicking on the link below.

Jim Byram

Thanks, Jim. Repair install did not solve the problem. I will send you the PJC file as you suggest. -- Carl

This problem has now been solved thanks to astute comments by Jim Byram and John Cardinal pointing to the PJC file. As it turned out the file had somehow been set as "read only." Removing that restriction solved the problem. Thanks guys! -- Carl