TMG 9.05

I entered a role for my subject's mother and forgot to make the sex 'female', resulting in the role being flagged as 'male'. I tried canceling out of the tag screen hoping to undo the mistake, but unfortunately it did not.

How can I correct this?

when I tried to close the tagged definition window, I got a popup message saying that the sex of the role (mother) did not match the sex of the principle (female).

Bob,

Open the Master Tag Type List, find the Tag Type, and click Edit. On the Roles and Sentences tab at the lower right are the setting for Sex and Maximum and Minimum Age. Select the Role in question and set the Sex condition to suit that Role. I suspect it got set the way it is because you had a Role set for males only selected when you made this Role.

I entered a role for my subject's mother and forgot to make the sex 'female', resulting in the role being flagged as 'male'. I tried canceling out of the tag screen hoping to undo the mistake, but unfortunately it did not.

Not clear what you forgot to make "female"?

Do you mean you have a custom tag type, and you created a custom role, and you want to have TMG recognize that this role is only appropriate for females? If so, that is within the Tag Type Definition. Select the role, then towards the bottom of the screen change the "Sex" to Female. This will not prevent you from linking males to this role, it will simply cause TMG to give you a warning if you do.

On the other hand, if you are adding this mother to the database and forgot to specify to TMG that she is female, that is easily changed. Go to her Details page, Double click on the SEX flag in her Flags list, and change her from Male to Female.

If neither of those are your issue, please explain in more detail what you did and are trying to accomplish.

Terry - Thanks. that did the trick. Problem solved.

Michael - I added the role of 'Mother' as a witness to a residence tag and when I went to change the sex from 'any' to 'Female', my hand slipped and made it 'mail' instead. Terry's solution did the trick.

Michael - Since I have your attention, I want to thank you for your tips on custom tags, specifically the ones you suggested (Manuscripts, Correspondence, and MisC.). I just got around to working on them this afternoon and they really helped.

Edited by rlgleason51