Sign in to follow this  
Mike Rommel

System crash

Several months ago I had a system crash and had to reinstall everything, as I was unable to recover anything from my hard drive,

I am just now getting to TMG. I have a TMG v9 disc with serial number and unlock code.

Do I need to restart from the disc, or does the forum support a download somewhere ?

Do I still need the serial number and unlock codes?

I have a copy of my TMG v9.01 data on an old computer, and my need some assistance with transferring the data correctly

I would certainly appreciate any assistance.

Mike

Mike,

You could install from the disk, but only if you are sure you never installed any updates. If you did the new installation will be unlikely to open your Project files.

In any case, it's better to install the last version, which does not require any earlier version to be installed. See this topic for download links. Be sure to read Jim's note near the top of the post.

Use the serial number from your disk, and be sure to use the email address you used at the time you bought the disk if you have changed it since.

Thank you Terry,

What files do I transfer from my Win XP machine that has a functional TMG 9.1, to a USB drive, to move to my re- installed TMG on the Win 8.1 machine?

Mike

Terry,

The link is not active,

SWMIRROR notes

404 Not Found

The page you are looking for could not be found.

Jim noted if any problem to contact him via the link in his post, that link takes me to Microsoft email account setup window.

Any other recommendations

Mike

Thank you Terry,

What files do I transfer from my Win XP machine that has a functional TMG 9.1, to a USB drive, to move to my re- installed TMG on the Win 8.1 machine?

Mike

Mike,

The only files you want to move are your Project files. The safest way to do that is to make a Backup on your XP machine, then copy that backup to the USB drive. Copy the backup to your other machine, and in TMG Restore it - don't try to Open it.

Mike

Terry,

The link is not active,

SWMIRROR notes

404 Not Found

The page you are looking for could not be found.

Jim noted if any problem to contact him via the link in his post, that link takes me to Microsoft email account setup window.

Any other recommendations

Mike

Mike,

I expected that would be the case, which is why I referred you to Jim's note.

The reason the link to Jim didn't work is because you do not have your browser set up to work with your email system - that's what the message you are getting about setting up an account is trying to get you to do, but probably not on the email system you want to use.

I have sent you an alternate link that will work to the email address you have registered to this forum.

Terry,

Thank you for your assistance, I was able to download a copy of TMG v9.01 successfully from your website.

Is it worthwhile to continue to try to find v9.05 ?

I also purchased a copy of your book from the webpage, hopefully it will keep me from trying your patience any further.

Mike

Terry,

Thank you for your assistance, I was able to download a copy of TMG v9.01 successfully from your website.

Is it worthwhile to continue to try to find v9.05 ?

I also purchased a copy of your book from the webpage, hopefully it will keep me from trying your patience any further.

Mike

Mike,

What you downloaded from my site was 9.05.

I haven't see the order for the book yet.

Thank you Terry, I appreciate all your assistance.

The downloaded file listed it as 9.01, so I was confused.

PayPal notes that my payment for the book and shipping, was accepted by ReigelRidge Press on 6/5/16.

Mike

Mike,

"Accepted" is an interesting term considering I had not found the notification and hadn't seen the order. :lookaround:

The problem is PayPal's notice to me was coded as spam and I never saw it. Strange that similar emails from them have not been. I've now found it and marked their address so the problem won't happen again. I'll get the book in the mail Monday. I'm sorry for the delay.

Thanks for mentioning it.