Sign in to follow this  
ketchell

Missing file when accessing a person

There is apparently an error or corruption in my TMG9 database. It is happening with one person . I reinstalled TMG9 on a differnet laptop and did a restore but the problem is still there, so assume it is something in my dataset. This person has a primary and a nonprimary entry as the name appears twice on the simple picklist. I thought at first it was the linkage to his parents, but deleted both parent links and same problem. Same problem when attempting to link to this person from his children (with him as father).

Here is what happens -- I click on the father link from a child and get a (abort, retry, ignore) dialog box where GENE is the name of my database and it says "\path....\GENE.N.FPT missing or invalid" sometimes the code is 177, sometimes 130, etc. depending on where I'm trying to access this person from.

I have reindexed, reoptimized, tried repair from the install app.

I was going to next break and re-establish all the parent & child links plus any shared events and then re-establish them. Before doing that, any ideas from the TMG database experts on what might be causing this and if there is an easier fix would be greatly appreciated.

I have reindexed, reoptimized, tried repair from the install app.

There appears to be damage to the Name data table. Restoring a backup without the error might be the only way to recover.

I'll take a look if you send me a backup. The backup should only contain the data tables, the accents and filters.

You can contact me by email by clicking on the mail link below.

Jim Byram

Debra's project had 8 damaged name memos and 6 damaged name sentence memos in the name data table. I think that I found and fixed all of the damaged records and have returned her project.