scr

Error - Visual Chartform has stopped working

I had decided to refresh my project (TMG9.05) with a new import from a GED file that was more recent that what I worked with. It apparently reset TMG so I had to input the serial number again. Now I am trying to generate a descendant box chart with only 3 generations and I get "Visual Chartform has stopped working".

You're trying to connect events that most likely have nothing to do with one another. I have no idea what your first sentence means. Doing a GEDCOM import will not "reset TMG". Loss of the registration information can happen with installing the program, and, for an existing installation, can be caused by Windows 8 or later.

Try running the v9.05 installer and selecting [Repair].

It's fixed. Must be a bad image. I had searched the forum for 'Visual Chartform' and only saw entries in 2014, but just now saw the entry under "VCF" that said it might be a bad image.

Note - What I meant initially was that I started a new project and imported a GED file. The report options were all invalid(light grey). I started TMG again it said the trial version had ended and I had to put in the serial number. I've had to input the serial number on at least three occasions in the last year. That's what I mean by resetting TMG - it wants my registration info again and again. It's Win10.

Loss of registration information is a known issue under Win8 and later. The operating system removes the data from the registry. You need to do the following...

1) Unlock TMG while running normally. I'm assuming that you've already done this.

2) Unlock TMG as administrator.

Right-click on the TMG shortcut and select 'Run as administrator'. Reply affirmatively to the prompt.

Unlock TMG and then exit TMG.

Now you run TMG normally and the registration information shouldn't be lost.

%%%%%%%%%%

The Visual Chartform forum has topics going back to 2005. You just need to change the filter (under Custom) to show all topics.