rlgleason51

Moving TMG to Windows 10 under Parallels

Terry, Glenn, Jim, Michael

I just want to share a success story that you helped write.

Following your advice elsewhere on this forum, I successfully installed TMG 9.05 on my laptop after upgrading to Windows 10. Not only was the install hassle free, including the entering of the serial key (knock on wood), my problems of printing the reports has been resolved. I've yet to test visual chart form but I suspect that that issue has been resolved as well.

Now comes the really big challenge: Replicating this success on my desktop.

Thanks to you for your valued advice on this topic and others.

Glenn: I ran into some Parallels VM anomalies during this process that may be of interest you, plus one small irritant. If interested please provide a method to contact you off line, unless people think this forum would be interested.

I upgraded my VM to Windows 10 without any problems, however today is the last opportunity for those who have not already upgraded to get it done.

That's not exactly correct. You can upgrade to Windows 10 at any time. July 29 was the last day to be able to do it for free.

A partially premature declaration of success, regarding printing from TMG. I CAN print from my laptop, which had a fresh install of Win10 and corresponding software. I CANNOT print from my desktop, which also had a fresh install of Win10 and corresponding software.

Differences between the two: More software and more printers attached to my desktop. My desktop has one printer hardwired and the other is wifi. My laptop has only the one wifi printer.

Don't expect a solution since this has been an ongoing issue in this forum (although I will gladly take one). Just wanted to note this unique (from my experience) problem.

Clarification: printing problem is TMG issue only.

Edited by rlgleason51