Sign in to follow this  
Elderflower

TMG Rootweb mailing List

Sorry if this is the wrong section to post in but could not find an appropriate one.

Is everyone else having problems with accessing the TMG Rootweb Mailing List? I have not been able to see it for about a month and get a message: 500 Internal Server Error.

I have searched the Internet to see if other people are having problems but not much seems to be coming up.

Any advice appreciated as I miss it.

Pat

I asked Terry about this some time ago and he said that Rootsweb was making some server changes. Initially, you couldn't browse the archives. After a couple of weeks, you couldn't open the TMG-L web page at all.

The TMG-L and other Rootsweb lists are receiving and sending messages again, but the Archives for most lists are still not working. Ancestry.com has not indicated any expected recovery date.

As I said, web access to the list Archives is not available yet. However, if you are a registered member of the list you can post emails to the list. And all registered members will receive a copy of these posts by email. It is just the viewing of the Archives on the web by anyone which is still unavailable.

Thanks for that explanation. I am not subscribed to the list at the moment as I usually visit every day to read the posts. Will have to wait until the archived list comes back on line or subscribe.

Again, thanks to Michael & Jim for your information.

Pat