Sign in to follow this  
wdwilson3

Locked Out of TMG9

Today I started up TMG and it inexplicably told me I was using an expired trial version, and put me in read-only mode. I used TMG just a few days ago. I no longer have the unlock key for the software, since my email receipt for the latest version was lost. Does anyone know who to contact and what information I need to provide to get back into my projects?

Bill Wilson

You can write support@whollygenes.com and request your registration information. Be sure to provide enough information so that's it's easy to look up.

Once you get the information...

Unlock running normally (as Standard user).

Also, unlock 'as Administrator'.
Right-click on the TMG shortcut and select 'Run as administrator'.
Unlock TMG by entering your registration information and then exit TMG.

Make sure that you store your registration information and a copy of the installer so that you will have them in the future.

I have a variation on this problem. Periodically, TMG starts and tells me that I have an expired trial version. I have carefully stored the registration informtion, so I retrieve it and unlock the full version. That's good for a few months, then I get the expired trial version, and I do everything all over again.

Most recently, however, clicking to unlock and then reentering the serial number no longer works. I get an error message. I've double and triple-checked the data that I'm entering and it matches what I have saved and what shows up on "About." What do I do now? Would a reinstall solve my problem?

Here's the weird part. When running the read-only version, if I click "Help" on the menu and select "About" I can see my serial number.

I'm running TMG 9.5 on Windows 10.

Abrosz,

On the Help menu, choose Technical Support.

On the screen that opens, click the Trouble Report button at the lower left.

When prompted, let it open in your word processor.

Near the top will be the name, email address, and serial number. Copy and paste each of them in when you enter the serial number as Jim has directed above.