George E. Tabb Jr.

Problems With Restore on Version 9.05

When I try to restore a backup that I created on my laptop, I get the following message:

Variable 'LATEMP' is not found 44

FRMWIZRESTORE.WIZPAGEFRAME1.PAGE1.COM.INI

I am using TMG V 9.05 and back up my file to C:\TMG Backups

I have no idea what is causing this problem and would greatly appreciate any help you can give me on what to do about it. Thanks so much!

George E. Tabb, Jr.

1) Run the TMG v9.05 installer and select [Repair] to make sure that your installation is complete.

2) Make sure that the .SQZ backup is on your hard drive when you try to restore. (That appears to be the case now.)

Jim,

Thanks very much for your very quick response. I did as you said and ran the repair on the installer. I also made sure the .SQZ file was on my hard drive. When I ran restore this time, I got the following message:

DynaZip UnZip Error:

DynaZip Unzip Error: Error creating output file (Problem extracting file(s)

What should I do now?

Many thanks!

George E. Tabb, Jr.

That's the sort of error that you typically get when trying to restore from a flash drive or some other external media.

Is the .SQZ file intact? Rename the backup filetype from .SQZ to .ZIP and see if you can browse into the file with Windows Explorer. Windows Explorer treats a .ZIP file as a folder.

You can copy the project files from the renamed ZIP file to your projects folder (or whatever folder holds your project) overwriting the existing files. This accomplishes the restore. Just be sure to reindex the first time that you open the project.