Sign in to follow this  
Squirrellhunter

Witnesses not showing on subject screen

Help! I'm running TMG 9.5 on Windows 7. I assume something has got corrupted but I am baffled.

I have always used custom tags for census entries. Everything has worked fine until today. Now, whilst the witnesses appear, attached to the primary tag on the subject screen, they do not appear as witness tags on the secondary subjects' (the witnesses) screens.

I noticed the red lettered "Filtered" button is on the screen. It may have always been there for all I know as I've never used it. Nothing is shown though as being filtered.

I've uninstalled and re-installed TMG to no avail. The problem is across all projects. The linking is vital to track events so it is not a minor problem. I've over 50,000 people across my projects and can't possibly go through them to enter all as separate census events.

Any ideas anyone, please?

This a simple issue, and re-installing is not going to help - it seldom does.

The key is that you have somehow filtered the events so witnessed events are not shown. Right-click on any tag in the main tag box. About half way down the right-click menu you will see "Filtered for." Click on that, then click on which ever filter has a check mark in front of it to remove that mark.

Phew! Thanks a million. I initially thought it was something like that that but I couldn't find anywhere that gave a filter option of tags, other than the main one on the 'Edit' menu.. Well, you learn something with TMG everyday. If it happens again though, I'll have forgotten the solution! Made it worse as I can't figure how it even got changed.

Again, thanks.