Ken Reese

Glitch in my TMG - selecting a new person in Person screen.

I use Ver 9.05 - Gold.

In the Person screen, when I click on a child or sibling person to make it Primary, it will not move up. I have to click on one of the Primary person's tags (B, M, D, Census, etc) and exit the tag. The selected secondary person then moves into the primary spot.

I have reloaded the TMG program a couple of times but the problem persists. I have 4-5 projects, they are all affected.

Any ideas?

Not sure what is happening here, Ken. It is possible this may be somewhat related to a rare known remaining bug. However, your symptoms sound different so that may not be your issue.

Look at the bug report here:

http://www.mjh-nm.net/BUGS.HTML#B89

Try the workaound that report mentions and see if that helps?

It's not even clear to me what you are trying to do.

Are you trying to change the focus in the Person view by selecting a child in the Children window or selecting a sibling in the Siblings window or selecting a child in the Tag Box? If you are trying to navigate to a new focus person, then it needs to be done by double-clicking on the selected person.

If you are trying to do something else, please explain clearly using the TMG standard terminology (as used in help).

Jim: Thanks for your reply. Sorry to be unclear. I have used TMG for many years but have not bothered to learn very much about the working of the program or the terminology. To use part of your question, I am trying to change to the person appearing in the person view window by double clicking on a child or a sibling in the child or sibling window. The newly selected child or sibling person will not move/appear into the primary focus window until I select an event tag and exit from it. Then the desired child or sibing appears in the person window.

I have reloaded the TMG program a couple of times but the problem continues. The problem appears in all 3-4 family projects.

Does this help?

I am trying to change to the person appearing in the person view window by double clicking on a child or a sibling in the child or sibling window.

That's what I thought you were describing since you used the word 'sibling'.

I can't replicate any navigation issue like you describe. Try clicking on the child/sibling name once to select it and then double-clicking on the name.

It sounds like some program support component isn't working correctly.

The maintenance that you should run at this point is to run the TMG v9.05 installer and select the [Repair] option.