ks1963

Trial Expired

I purchased TMG 9.05 in Aug 2014. Have been using it since then, but today my message is the trial has expired and I cannot edit my database. I have my order number and the serial number from the splash page. I cannot find my email from 2014 to unlock the version.

Suggestions please.

Thanks

Kathleen Smith

Kathleen,

If you can see the serial number from the splash page, do this to get it in a copyable form:

Open TMG and use the Help > Technical Support command. On the screen that opens, click the Trouble Report button at the bottom left. Let that report open, and you should see your name, email address, and serial number near the top of the page.

Using that information exactly, even if some of it has since changed, enter them as described in my article on Moving Data to New Computer or Version.

Once you do that, make sure you save that information in a safe place where is cannot be lost by a computer failure. You also need to save a copy of the installer in case you need to re-install in the future. See my article on The Future for TMG Users for how to do that.

I am having the same problem with the "expired trial version" of V8. Entering the serial number on the opening page does nothing; I tried following the instructions given to Kathleen, but under Help I do not find a Trouble Report option in the menu. What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Michael Fox

Thanks to all, Terry especially, I'm in! I believe this happened with a recent update to Windows 10. I also "lost" access to my WiFi. My ISP talked me through the configuration to recognize my router. She said this was a Windows flaw, and about the same time, I "lost" my subscription to TMG.

Merry Christmas to all.

Kathleen Smith

Hi Terry, I have this issue as well, but my TMG no has "expired trial version" and it won't let me do as you have outlined, even as Administrator. It also will no longer allow me to access my data at all. Can you please help? Sue Battersby

Edited by batterss01

Sue,

You mean you tried the "Trouble Report" method and it didn't work? Or is it something else you tried that didn't work?

Do you get the "expired trial version" notice when you open TMG? If you open Help > About do you see a message about that? Do you see your name and serial number on that screen?

Is there a command on the Help menu to enter a serial number?

Hi Terry

Yes I have tried the "Trouble Report" method and it did not work. I do get message that says "expired trial version" and if I put in the registration details, it says "registration data is invalid" - meanwhile your are in "read-only mode". Contact tech support for help.

I am at a loss as to what else to do. Any help greatly appreciated. I really don't want to have to purchase another serial number if I can help it.

thanks

Sue Battersby

Sue,

The reasons a serial number is not accepted are:

1. Using a different email address than used when the number was obtained.

2. Entering your name differently than used when the number was obtained.

3. Using a serial number for a different version of TMG.

4. Typing it in and making mistakes - it's best to copy and paste.

If these don't help you have two choices. You can email support at WG and at last report someone eventually will respond with the information. Or, you can buy a new serial number from Harry.

I had this same problem today and the fix worked except it only worked when I ran program as Administrator.

Rebooted and tried same fix but not as admin. Now it works either way.

Thank you