dakko

Glenn Gilbert (1947-2016)

I hope it is okay to post this here.

Glenn Gilbert (ggilbert1) passed away recently. He was such a kind and generous person, and always so willing to lend a hand. I'm sure that is no news to the members of this forum. I tend to hide away at home with PTSD and anxiety issues, and mostly just stay away from people… but Glenn was one of those rare people that just manifests kindness and a confidence that felt safe to be around. He was truly a special person. This is a tribute to him from Heritage Quest Research Library in Sumner, WA:

To all HQRL Volunteers and friends:

We are deeply saddened to learn that our beloved Glenn Gilbert lost his battle with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) and passed from this life on December 3rd 2016. Yesterday, December 12th would have been his 69th birthday,

Glenn was an important part of the HQRL family for many years. He served on the Management team and was responsible for most of the technical aspects of our operation. We relied on Glenn for so many things and he will be missed by everyone here.

Arrangements are still pending at this time but he will be laid to rest at the Tahoma National Cemetery.

Our prayers go out to all of Glenn's family and friends. He will be missed by many.

Jim Johnson, Director HQRL

Edited by dakko