Sign in to follow this  
Margaret V

Problem opening TMG v9 project after power failure

While entering data into TMGv9 we had a power failure. When the power returned, I found the following message when I opened TMGv9 "An error happened when opening the data tables". I clicked OK. Then I was kicked back to the desktop. Upon trying to open TMGv9 again, I encountered the gray screen that asks you to select a project, use sample project, etc. The box for the default/current project was grayed out. When I clicked on " select a project" and selected a project, the following message appeared:

"Repair mode has been activated. The application will now operate somewhat more slowly as it validates each file that is opened. Repair mode will be off again the next time that you run the application. I then clicked ok and TMG kicked me back to the desktop.

If I click "Open the sample project", the sample project screens appear.

There are TMGv9 files in my program files (x86), but no TMG files under program files.

Should I restore my latest backup file? Or is there a different issue?

Thanks

Margaret

You might try deleting all .CDX files (index files) for the project and then trying to open the project. You might also try opening the Sample project and then using File / Open to open your project.

If none of this works, you will need to revert to a backup.

%%%%%%%%%%

Be sure to make a backup at the end of every work session so that your data loss will be minimal when you need to recover from an issue like this.

Jim,

Thank you. I tried your suggestions. There were no .CDX files in the project.

When I tried opening the Sample project and then using File/Open to open my project, I got the following Message:

"Project is in use elsewhere. Please select another project"

When trying to restore a backup which I'd fortunately made the previous day, I got the following message:

"You're trying to restore a backup over your existing data. Are you sure you want to continue?"

Should I say "Yes"?

Thanks, Margaret

All projects have .CDX files. The program creates them when opening a project for the first time (or when creating a project), and the .CDX files are updated when optimizing or reindexing a project.

Should you select [Yes] to overwriting a project that is being restored? Yes. Otherwise the restore will not occur.

Margaret, this may have something to do with my problems too. I lost data and sample. Can't help you but it may help to provide a solution to my problem. I didn't have a black out just then but I turned off when lights became dim. The black-out did occur not long after.

Cheers

Hi Jim,

Don't know if this fits in the same basket but I'm running Win10(64) and every time I try to activate TMG9.5 the program opens and then I get the message "TMG has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working incorrectly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Program closes but never a solution. This happens on multiple machines so I am guessing it has something to do with Win10.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Mick

I have never had a problem running TMG under Win10 per se. I'm even running TMG on a Windows build (16170) beyond the new version that's going to be released tomorrow (15063.13).

Since it happens on multiple machines, I have no idea.

First, you should run the TMG v9.05 installer and select [Repair] and see if that fixes the issue.