Sign in to follow this  
George Scribe

Incomplete backup

I purchased TMG V9 just before it ceased but did not install it until I bought a new W10 computer. This I have successfully done. I backed up from my previous V7 and duly restored on V9. However I have discovered that the backup did not work and what I have installed is the previous one. This means that all the work I have done over the recent months (quite a lot) has not come across to the new computer. If I manage to back up again successfully, can I just restore over the incomplete one? Incidentally I'm running the US version, not the UK one.

Thanks

George,

Yes, you can restore a new backup over the existing project. But I'd recommend that instead you restore it to a new subfolder so you can compare them before you decide which to use.

The primary reason for an incomplete backup, assuming you have specified that is was to include all people, is interference from another program. The most common culprit is a cloud backup or sync program. Some anti-virus programs also have been found to interfere with backups.

Copy the TMG7 projects folder contents to the TMG9 projects folder bypassing backup/restore. You will then have exactly the same data that you were working with in TMG7.