Roz7380

error loading file

Trying to load my tree, but keep getting this message. So far, I've tried uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling but it's still the same

ErrorMarker: OLE error code 0x80040154: Class not registered. 48 TMGAPPOBJ.DOFORM

Next, go to Devices and Printers and delete the Wholly Genes PDF Writer v4. It should be reinstalled the next time you run TMG. If not, install it from File / Printer Setup...

Printers and Devices is an operating system folder. Before Win10, it's accessible from the Start Menu. In Win10, open the Settings and check Devices / Printers & scanners.

The option to installer the PDF printer driver in TMG is under the File menu / Printer Setup.

I know where you mean. But it's there's no Wholly Genes PDF Writer under printers and devices.

I cannot access the file menu in TMG to go through printer set up

There are two OLE errors with this code.

1) A program control has not been properly registered. Using the installer [Repair] option normally fixes this.

2) A PDF driver DLL has not been properly registered. Reinstalling the PDF driver normally fixes this.

Those should have worked for you.

I have a manual fix for the PDF driver issue; however, if you can't even run the program, that shouldn't be the issue. You can try it if you wish.

Done a repair. When I tried to load the sample files I got the same error message as before.

When I click abort and then File, the message ‘Unknown member AFORMS.’

Once I’ve clear that, I can click File and get to Printer Setup. But the AFORMS error appears again. I clicked on Install PDF Printer.

Amyuni Document converter box comes up. But says in the box:

Windows 64-bit x86 install

Printer setup failed

Error Code 1722

The RPC server is unavailable

Try running the PDF driver installer directly. It's located here...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\The Master Genealogist v9\pdf\pdfinstall.exe""C:\Program Files (x86)\The Master Genealogist v9\pdf\pdfinstall.exe"

You should right-click on the pdfinstall.exe file and select 'Run as administrator'.

btw... The pattern you report suggests that the printer driver is not the issue but it can't hurt to try.

I was getting the OLE error when trying to print a report to one of the other PDF drivers on my system and removed the WG Pdf driver and reinstalled it as described above and now I can print to 'Printer' to a selected non-WG PDF driver with no OLE error.

Still getting the same error message. The only other pdf driver on my computer was the windows print to pdf, which i have removed - but still the same

I'm guessing that the file is VistaDBCOM20.dll. You can try this and see if it works. This won't hurt anything since the file will be registered once the procedure is completed.

We need some quotes. I'll put the command lines on their own lines without quotes around them. The quotes that I added or left need to be there.

1) Close TMG
2) If running the Windows 10 Start menu, right-click on the Start button and select 'Command Prompt (Admin)'.
Alternately, navigate to C:\Windows\System32 and select cmd.exe and right-click on it and select 'Run as administrator'.
3) type: "cd \windows\syswow64" (as always, no quotes) (or "cd \windows\system32" for a 32-bit system) and press enter.
4) type...
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Master Genealogist v9\VistaDBCOM20.dll" /u
...and press enter. You should get a message that it succeeded.
5) press the up arrow and the previous line should be repeated. Hit twice to remove the "/u"
(or type...
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Master Genealogist v9\VistaDBCOM20.dll"
...from scratch) and press enter. You should get another message that it succeeded.
6) Type "Exit" and press Enter to close the window (or click on the X if that works)

(The quotes that are around the paths now must be there because the paths contain spaces.)

I thought I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling TMG for one last time, to see if that would sort the problem.

which it did! :)

I just need to try and work out why the project explorer won't sort the Given Name Soundex or the Surname Soundex into alphabetical order.

(I did try and upload a screenshot, but I can't work out how)

A problem with Soundex sorting is a known remaining bug in the program. Soundex sorting does not group as is clearly implied by the title of the sort. For example, the option of the three level sort of:

Given name soundex code, surname, birth date

actually sorts as if it were a four level sort of:

Given name soundex code, given name, surname, birth date

For more details see this entry in my on-line list of outstanding bugs:

Soundex sorting does not group as implied by the title of the sort

Sorry, but there is no way to avoid this inappropriate extra level of sort in either the Picklists or Project Explorer. As noted in the workaround in the entry above, a filtered List of Names report can be generated and sorted on appropriate columns, one of which would be a Soundex code, to get the desired sorted list. That report does sort correctly.

Hope this gives you ideas,