I have not been able to Scan directly from TMG for a long time. When I attempt it, I get this popup from TMG: VFPCOM.DLL is not registered.

I've used alternate methods to the occasional image but now I'd like to add a bunch. It would be so much easier if the Scan feature would work.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Doris

Doris,

I'm afraid I can't help. I've never thought TMG's scan feature was of any use. I always scan with my scanner's software, then edit the image (crop, straighten, adjust contrast, re-size, and in photos sometime fix blemishes) in an image editing program before saving them as exhibits.

OK, Terry. Thank you. That's what I've been doing, but it certainly is time-consuming.:-( I know I used TMG's scan feature years ago. I liked being able to get an image into TMG then fix it later. Of cvourse, some of them never got fixed so your approach is better. I'll do that.

To fix the DLL registration issue that you have, run the TMG9 installer and select [Repair]. When you run the installer, explicitly run it as administrator by right-clicking on the installer and selecting 'Run as administrator'.

If that doesn't work, I can give you a manual way to fix this but I need to know exactly which version of Windows you are running.