rlgleason51

List of people Source report

Is there a way to produce a list of people that have only 1 specific source cites. I want to identify people whose only source is an old family chart.

Thanks

Bob,

Maybe. It depends on how you have done the citations. You described before what seems like a somewhat unusual way to do citations.

Are these citations only to your Family Tag, or might they be to other Tags as well?

They will be to other tags, primarily B, M, and/or D, since that was basically the only data on the chart, if that. Sometime the chart listed only a name, or partial name. During normal research where I was concentrating on individuals, I found many errors on this source (wrong name, wrong sex, etc) so I thought I would concentrate on the people I had not gotten to yet that only had this one source cited.

Given this source, I believe I gave a surety of 0, for this source only, if that helps.

Edited by rlgleason51

Hi Bob,

If you really want people who have no other source cited to them but this one, I can think of a way do it, but it takes several steps, and a temporary Flag. Assume the ID number of the source is 123, and you have defined a temporary Flag named ABC with values "N, Y", where N is first so it is the default value for all people in the project.

First run a List of Events, with a filter of:

Any Citation... // Src Number // = Equals // 123 // END

Have that List of Events report set the temporary Flag using the Secondary Output, e.g. set the Flag ABC to 'Y'

Anyone who has at least one citation to this source now will be set to 'Y'

Now run a second List of Events, with a filter of:

Any Citation... // Src Number // Does Not Equal // 123 // END

Have that List of Events report set the same temporary Flag using the Secondary Output, but reset it for these people back to 'N'

Anyone who has any citation to some other source will unset the Flag. So only the people who have at least one citation to source 123, but no citations to any other source, will be left with the Flag ABC set to 'Y'

Now you can use either the Project Explorer or List of People filtered for Flag ABC equals 'Y' to identify these people.

Note this will only check "Event" tags. If you have citations to Relationship tags these reports will not test for that.

Hope this gives you ideas,