Sign in to follow this  
usascottwright

I thought I had version 9

I thought I had version 9, I have been putting in the license I had and it has been unlocking it this whole time.

I had to refresh my computer because of a virus and now when I put in the license it does not unlock.

I talked to someone there and said >> Order Number: 2133359 on March 12, 2014, is for version 8

When I run 8, I cannot see any data. I open 9 to see if I can export the data to reload it into 8 and the export is grayed out.

Can you tell me what I can do or how to upgrade to v9 so I can access my data. I could have sworn I had purchased v9 sometime in 2016, but I can't find any documents or another serial number.

============

update: July 13, 2017

1. I had purchased version 8 everything was working fine

2. I thought I had purchased version 9, downloaded it and put in the serial # I had and it said it was unlocked and I was putting data in just fine.

3. Sometime in June, a virus got into my computer and I had to refresh my computer.

4. Re installed version 9 and put in the serial number that I had done before, this time it says serial # not valid.

5. I downloaded version 8, put in the serial number, but now it won't open the data file says it was created with a newer version.

6. I opened version 9 to see if I can export the data to bring back to version 8 but export is greyed out.

What do I do now? How can I purchase version 9 or export my data file so I can operate in version 8?

Edited by usascottwright

Your post is very confusing.

TMG8 and TMG9 are different programs and have different registration information. You have lost your registration emails?

I talked to someone there and said >> Order Number: 2133359 on March 12, 2014, is for version 8

That makes no sense. That date is after TMG9 was released and Wholly Genes would not have been selling TMG8 on that date.

When I run 8, I cannot see any data.

A TMG9 project simply could not be opened with TMG8.04 or earlier. An explanatory message would be displayed.

If you are running TMG8, you need to update to v8.08. Any project v8.05 or later can be opened by v8.08 including TMG9 projects. There were no structural changes made after v8.05.

You can download the v8.08 installer here...

http://www.rootsusers.org/install.html

A simple edit probably needs to be made to the .PJC file and you should ask if you can't open your project with v8.08.

I open 9 to see if I can export the data to reload it into 8 and the export is grayed out.

That means that TMG9 is not unlocked.

This is a procedure that you would not want to use in any event since it would result in considerable data loss.

TMG must be unlocked using the correct registration information for the version being unlocked. The information came in an email you received from Wholly Genes and consists of your name, email address and registration number.

TMG must be unlocked two ways...

1) Unlock running the normal way (as Standard user).

2) Unlock as administrator by right-clicking on the TMG shortcut and selecting 'Run as administrator'. After unlocking, close TMG immediately taking no other actions.

Edited by Jim Byram

1. I had purchased version 8 everything was working fine

2. I thought I had purchased version 9, downloaded it and put in the serial # I had and it said it was unlocked and I was putting data in just fine.

3. Sometime in June, a virus got into my computer and I had to refresh my computer.

4. Reinstalled version 9 and put in the serial number that I had done before, this time it says serial # not valid.

5. I downloaded version 8, put in the serial number, but now it won't open the data file says it was created with a newer version.

6. I opened version 9 to see if I can export the data to bring back to version 8 but export is grayed out.

What do I do now? How can I purchase version 9 or export my data file so I can operate in version 8?

You installed v8.08, right?

If you send me your .PJC file, I'll see if the project can be reverted to v8.08. You can email me by clicking on the link below...

jim.byram@rcn.com

You can purchase a TMG9 license. Read this topic...

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index.php?/topic/15915-tmg9-final-installers-v905/