Sign in to follow this  
RadioHead33

F2 Key no longer working

Using MG Gold v9.01.000.

All of a sudden the F2 key to find people or to find places, no longer works. I have no idea why. Any ideas?

Hello again: I did download v9.05, but now TMG won't open. When I try to restore from backup, I get the error message: "ErrorMarker: Cannot load 32-bit DLL c:\windows\system32\bblistviewv.ocx. 113 TMGAPPOBJ.REGISTERCONTROL". When I hit "abort" another error message comes up. Any thoughts?

Run the TMG v9.05 installer and select [Repair]. A control wasn't properly installed.

It might help to explicitly run the installer as administrator. Right-click on the installer and select 'Run as administrator'. Then select [Repair] from the choices.

Well, I got the v9.05 installer to work as administrator, and got it all configured, but the F2 key still does nothing.

Anything else it could be? Thanks very much for your help this far.

You're not running on a notebook that uses the function keys for the computer functions by default? In this case, getting a function value requires typing the function key while pressing the Fn key. You can change which set of keys is default in the notebook setup.

Another possible issue might be that another application is using the F2 key and interferes with TMG using it.

On 9/6/2017 at 8:44 PM, Jim Byram said:

You're not running on a notebook that uses the function keys for the computer functions by default? In this case, getting a function value requires typing the function key while pressing the Fn key. You can change which set of keys is default in the notebook setup.

Another possible issue might be that another application is using the F2 key and interferes with TMG using it.

No, that's not it either.  The F2 key used to work just fine, no matter which other applications I was running.  Now, with ONLY TMG running, it still doesn't work.  I'm running Windows 10 on a partition on a Macbook Pro.

I'm baffled.

Using Boot Camp? If so, open the Boot Camp Control Panel. Select the Keyboard tab. Make sure that the 'Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys' box is selected.