rlgleason51

Weird database happenings

Last couple of days, strange things have been happening with my project database. I back up during and after all of my sessions. Yesterday morning, I opened it and found that a lot of my records, exhibits and sources had been lost. Weird part is that it was not the last records I had entered, but 20 or so records prior. There records were even missing from my recent backups.

I started re-entering the records and stopped to take a break. When I returned, I couldn't open my database because it was already in use, even though windows said (after I closed TMG, no programs were running. Then TMG opened in repair mode.

I had to restore from a backup to get operating again.

Anyone have any ideas what is happening?

Bob,

I will let Jim Byram respond to your issue as he has more experience with database issues like yours.

However, I did want to let you know that your topic was posted identically twice, so I deleted the duplicate.

As long as you don't have a power issue or if you are not syncing your database to the cloud, I know of no way that you can lose data. Bottom line... I have no idea how you lost data.

One other possibility is that your anti-virus application or another conflicting application would be involved.

Second... Sometimes when you exit TMG, the process continues to run. This will become apparent if you then try to run TMG again. In these cases, it is necessary to close TMG using the task manager or to reboot your system.

Well, I don't sync to a cloud and I've not had a power outage or spike. My TMG had been closed for several hours so and task manager did not show TMG running, so I don't know.

Weird things had been happening to me lately so I'll just write this off as one of them.

Maybe the eclipse?