Quish

Exhibits not resizing

My project includes 6,792 external jpeg exhibits all of which were scanned into one folder in the same manner over time. They all appear in and open from File Explorer and are listed in the resized file. However based on the Utility resizing log 464 of the total cannot be found. Then when I try to Verify Exhibit Files I get this message:

Error -1 from CTMGDB

Error (-61) Permission Error Opening File opening C:\Users\pward\Documents\The Master Genealogist v9\Projects\Worden Project_M.dbf as ta45.

When the site is built on SS the last 464 exhibits that appear have apparently not been resized and appear very large on the screen. Where have I gone wrong?

Thanks for any help.

The error is with the source table but it's an error that I've never seen and I have no ideas at the moment.

More...

As I read your message, it becomes more confusing.

1) The error message is from TMG Utility? If so, that's something John Cardinal needs to comment on.

2) What did you use to resize the image files?

3) Have you checked the image files using File Explorer to determine whether they are present and are the correct size?

4) What does Validate File Integrity have to report about the exhibit files?

5) What do you see in TMG when you check one of the 'problem' images in the Exhibit Log?

Yes the error message is from TMGU.

I used TMGU export external exhibit to resized file, 200X300, Both resize image and reduce dimensions only checked.

yes the image files are in File Explorer but I am not sure what you mean by proper size.

Validation complete. NO problems found. 6900 external exhibits were checked. 37 exhibit files were not found.

I see the thumbnail of the exhibit but when viewed it appears but seems a bit fuzzy.

When you look at an image file in File Explorer and check the Properties, you can see the resolution.

You can check the Last_VFI.log file in the folder containing the project to get information about the missing exhibits.

You're asking a TMG Utility question about what's happening so John will need to respond. Your questions would better be asked on the Second Site mail list.

I did as you suggested and posted the question on SS mail list. I have not heard back from John yet.

However since then I attempted to backup my project and got this:

Program error

OLE exception error: Exception code c0000005. OLE object may be corrupt.

Help said perhaps I could click ignore but while it said backup was finished there is nothing there.

Is this a different problem or related to the previous?

Someone else just had this same problem with backups. The trick was to make the backup with project data files, accents and filters only. The problem came from including exhibits. The project was very large and had many exhibits. When exhibits were included, some limit was being passed and this caused the backup to fail. It's best to manage exhibits outside of TMG in any event.

If you have stored any image exhibits as internal, you can use John's TMGU to extract them and store them as external exhibits, which will help.