Sign in to follow this  
svhous

TMG with Word 2007 and Windows 10

I've been using my TMG 9.03 with Word student edition 2007 for years with no problem. No problem in Windows 10. But now I want to create a book, including images and captions and upload to Lulu for printing on demand. All seems to be going well, but then I discover that some of the images and captions have moved from where I put them.

Perhaps the problem is the old version of Word which Microsoft will cease to support this year. I'm willing to upgrade to a newer edition, but wonder if I'll then have trouble between TMG and Word. Does anyone know/have experience? I hesitate to migrate without a little reassurance about how TMG will work with a new edition of Word.

Thanks for any advice.

The table structure generated by TMG in .DOC files is not compatible with the table structure used by Word 2013 and later. This requires that the form-based reports (Family Group Sheet, Individual Detail, Pedigree reports) be created as .RTF files in order to open in Word 2013 and later.

You might consider LibreOffice as an alternative to Word.

http://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/

You can use the 64-bit versions of Word and LibreOffice if you're running 64-bit Windows. That should aid in your book creation.

Thanks for the tip, Jim. I'll check to be sure Lulu accepts docs from Libre Office before trying that. I know they accept Word as docs and as pdfs, which I thought made my life simple until I discovered the added images, etc., were not staying where I put them.