Weasie46

error message when making a gedcom file

Using Version 9 I get the following error message when trying to export a gedcom: File access denied. C:\users\weasie\appdata\local\temp\tmg54493695\_file_e.dbf. 4736

MSUBSTITUTION_E

Then process of finishing the export of the gedcom stops and the computer is locked up.

Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks

I suspect that some external application is interfering with the GEDCOM export. You need to try the export with any security application real-time scanning turned off. Be sure to turn the real-time scanning back on when the export is done. McAfee antivirus and AVG antivirus are known to cause problems with TMG.

If you determine that a security application is responsible, you need to add an exclusion for the TMG process to the application.

I Just wanted to confirm Jim’s comment. I have to deactivate all McAfee Life Safe modules in order to get a Gedcom output-file. Another comment: be patient! It takes several minutes to get the gedcom file, even when using a high-powered computer.

I have turned off Avast. Windows Defender is not in use. I still get the same message. Is there anything else I should be turning off to be able to make a gedcom file? I still get the same error message and a locked up program with Avast turned off.