oldsdw

Output to WordPerfect hangs

I am using TMG 9.05, and Word Perfect 9 and Windows 10

When I generate a report for output to WordPerfect and I get to the "open file now" question, the computer hangs there after I choose Word Perfect. I have to get out using Task Manager,

However the WP file has been created and will open properly if I select it directly from Windows and also if I select it from Word Perfect directly..

It used to work as it should, but no longer will. How do I restore this function?

---Dan W. Olds

All that I can suggest is to run the TMG v9.05 installer and select [Repair] and see if that helps.

If that doesn't work, then there might be interference by a 3rd party anti-virus or security application. In that case, you need to temporarily turn off the real-time scanning and see if that fixes the issue. If that's the problem, you need to exclude the Tmg9.exe file or process in the application. Several security applications are known sources of problems with TMG.

Thanks, Jim, for the reply. I did not do a new install because when I tried that I got the message that a newer version was already installed. i did not suppose that was possible but I was afraid of losing some update I could nor recover.

I did use the repair option, but see no improvement.

I use Avast Free Antivirus and tried turning off all the components that I could but the problem did not go away. I may also be using other antivirus software. I will watch for that and see if I can make more progress.

--- Dan W. Olds