John Snelson

DynaZip Restore UnZip Error Problem Extracting Files

I am having a problem with RESTORE - using TMG 9.05 Gold and Windows 10.

The BACKUP process seems to work ok but the restore stops while extracting files from the Exhibits folder.  I have checked the links with John Cardinals Utility and all ok but the extraction halts with

"DynaZip UnZip Error : Error Creating Output File : Problem with Extracting Files"

and then

"DynaZip UnZip Error : Error Creating File"

This happens twice but only if I choose to overwrite the exhibits.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Did you check the _restore.log? That might help to identify the exhibits involved.

Did you try renaming the exhibits folder and creating a new exhibits folder and restoring to the empty folder?

If all else fails, save a copy of all your data (separate area) then do a backup of the whole programe,

then reload your original copy (disc) on to the same area on your computer.

This will overwrite the current files, its a check to see if any of your files are corrupted.

Thanks for your suggestions Jim.

I am still not sure what the problem was with the archiver.  I have got it all working now by reoving all the exhibits involved from TMG - then renaming and saving them in Photoshop and will now put the links back into TMG and cross the fingers.

Will let you know how I go.

Thanks again.

john

On 3/25/2018 at 12:11 AM, davemark said:

If all else fails, save a copy of all your data (separate area) then do a backup of the whole programe,

then reload your original copy (disc) on to the same area on your computer.

Be aware that if you have installed free updates after you installed from the original disk that re-installing from the disk is likely to leave you unable to open your Project (depending on which version is on the disk and which version you last used). The formats of files used to store your Project information were changed with some updates. It is always better to be sure your installer is the last update of the TMG version you are using, which may require downloading that installer.