Using gedcom export: When I do a gedcom of my 5000 person Maltese database the gedcom comes out fine. A Year ago I did a gedcom of my Houghton database (106,000 people) and got an 81 Mb file. When I now try a gedcom of my whole Houghton TMG database (114,000 people) today I get a file of 6 kb. It took several hours to complete. Any clues or suggestions?

Thanks

Charlie

The last line in the GEDCOM export should be "0 TRLR".

If it is not, the GEDCOM export is incomplete and an external anti-virus or other security application or a real-time sync or backup application is interfering with the export.

There are numerous topics reporting this issue.

If you are using an anti-virus application other than Windows Defender, you need to temporarily suspend the real-time scanning by the application and retry the GEDCOM export. Otherwise, you will need to figure out which application is the source of the problem.

Once you identify the problem application, you'll need to make adjustments. If it's your anti-virus application, you can add an exception for TMG.

Prior suggestion to restart computer in safe mode was the cure. I ran it without internet connecitons, Norton, etc. But you have to make sure that computer stays on without going to sleep. TMG completed a 114,666 person database in about 9 hours with a successful completion.

Thanks for tips.

Charlie