Sign in to follow this  
Squirrellhunter

Problems Producing Reports

I'm trying to produce a report giving a list comprising ID, name(s), ID number and birth year date and county and death year date and county. When the report prints out the place element is blank in each case, though everything else prints out okay. Has anyone else had this problem or better still, overcome it?

I've now realised what was happening, I think. I'm using the American format on a UK based program and so the counties actually appear under the city field when printing out. At least, I think that is what the answer is. Whatever, it is the county not being in the expected field that was the issue. Sorry if I have put anyone to any trouble trying to puzzle things out.

You're using the UK place style for your places, right? In a list report, you need to select the correct place levels (irrespective of how the levels are labelled in the style) in order to get the output you want.

Since list reports know nothing about place styles, you select the correct level based on the default U.S. style labels.