brasso

Copy and Paste issue

When I try and copy and paste into a citation box, or try and use the repeat keys,  I get the following error message:

ErrorMarker: Cannot update the cursor REPEAT, since it is read-only. 92 REPPUSH

Initialising the repeat files has no effect.  Disabling Kaspersky also has no effect.  But it does seem to have started with the latest Window 10 update.  I would be grateful for any suggestions on this one.  Thanks

File / Maintenance / Initialize Repeat Files

If that doesn't work, go to the Repeat_files folder and delete all of the files in the folder. The files will be recreated the next time that TMG is run.

You might also need to select your TMG data folder in File Explorer, right-click, select Properties, unselect the Read-only check box, click [OK], click [OK]. That will make sure that the files in the TMG data tree are not marked read-only.

Sadly, Initialise Repeat Files has no effect (nor any of the other file maintenance tools). 

Many thanks for the suggestions

Deleting the Reapeat_files folder contents produced a slightly different error message:

ErrorMarker: Cannot update the cursor REPEAT, since it is read-only. 76 REPPUSH

Removing the read-only checkbox in file explorer had an interesting effect.  Opening properties apparently allowed it to be removed for the folders contents, as per your suggestion.  But if you close file explorer and reopen it, the checkbox once again says read-only. 

Yes. That's correct. The point of the exercise was to make sure that the files in the folders are not read-only. The folder always displays as read-only. We've seen circumstances where the files are marked read-only for no obvious reason.

Thanks Jim.  We're clearly in the right area.  If I delete the files in the Repeat_files directory, I can then copy and paste into citations.  But then, if I try and save a citation screen, or try and reinitialise repeat files, an Open dialogue appears with a blank name panel. I can then do nothing else but cancel this off until an abort option appears - with the text: Alias 'REPEAT' is not found  43 REPPUSH (or sometimes 50 REPPUSH).  If I repopulate the Repeat_files directory, it returns to its original behaviour. 

Following your lead, I seem to have found a work-around - although I don't know why it worked.  I created an empty Repeat_files directory on a different drive.  Using preferences, I then directed repeat files to the new directory, followed by reinitialising repeat files.  And things now seem to be working for the moment.  I hope this helps if others have a similar issue.