patthepiper

[TMG]Relation Problem

For some time I have had on TMG a female  1st. cousin 1 time removed, her husband and their son..
Her husband is shown as no blood relationship.
Their son, 2nd cousin.

So far, so good.

I have just added a daughter  which I expected to be a second cousin  but TMG records her as no blood relationship.

I have checked that both son and daughter have the same parents.

The Sibling screen is correct when switching Details, Person screen  from son to daughter.

I have restarted TMG and carried out maintenance but with no change to the above.

I would welcome any comments.

Pat Dunbar

You probably had her husband as the focus when you added the daughter. Since the husband shows no relationship the daughter then shows no relationship. You can correct the relationship by going to Preferences>Current Project Options>Other and click on Refresh Relationships. When adding children to a couple where one of the couple is related and the other is not remember to have the related individual as the focus and you won't have to refresh the relationships.

Try refreshing relationships. Go to File > Preferences > Current project > Other and click on the refresh button

Apply and quit. See if your problem is solved.

Hello Paul & Svhous,'

Many thanks for your kind assistance.. I used Go to File > Preferences > Current project > Other and click on the refresh button, and it worked.

I have been using TMG since floppy disk days, and still have a lot to learn! Perhaps I'm getting too old for this game.

Kind regards,

Pat Dunbar