Sign in to follow this  
drla06

Open rtf report in LibreOffice problem

Windows v 8.1, TMG v 9.05, LibreOffice v 4.4.0.3

I've created a family group sheet and saved in rtf.  When I try to open the report in LibreOffice, this message appears "file format error found at 7,2 (row,column)".  I also tried the same process with a journal report and received the same error message.

Is there a fix for this problem or any work arounds?

Thank you.

Windows 10 (up to date), TMG v9.05, LibreOffice 6.1

I tried FGS and Journal reports saved to RTF files with LibreOffice 6.1 and got no errors. The FGS report was the default configuration. The Journal report was default except for selecting custom format and adding spouse info and embedded exhibits. The exhibits don't initially display in either report but probably need refreshing like was once required for Word. Need to examine that.

Why did you choose RTF rather than Word .DOC files? I just tried .DOC files and they opened with no errors and the exhibits displayed correctly so .DOC files appear to be a better choice.

I chose RTF because I was having problems with DOC files.  After downloading LibreOffice 6.1 I created family group sheet and journal reports using DOC format and it worked!  Thank you for the direction.