Sign in to follow this  
Glaffy

ahnentafel reports freeze

When running an ahnentafel report on moderately large (over 80 or so people), the operation simply freezes. It stops at the same place in the progress depending on the particular report... sometimes 41%, sometimes 69%, sometimes 82%, etc... and the cursor turns in to a blue spinning wheel and eventually the (not responding) message occurs on the top.

Any suggestions?

That can come from some data issue with one of the individuals being output in the report. You can check this by running reports varying the focus person to pin down the individual.

Have you run Optimize / Validate File Integrity / Optimize?

I did run Optimize / Validate File Integrity / reindex

And it said everything was ok

Also, it does it on some people but not others

Edited by Glaffy

It only happens when I want to include sources... I have tried about every iteration I can for the sources... end notes, footnotes, embedded, etc... and freezes for people who have a lot of ancestors and not for those with few.

I also wonder if this also has to do with the one drive issue I am having.  I wish I had disabled one drive when I got the computer but I didn't know better... now I have hundreds of files in documents and pictures under one drive and I don't really know how to get them moved to the computer only.

Edited by Glaffy