kaye

latest Windows version compatible with TMGW

I have been hanging on to Windows 7 64 bit. Microsoft support coming to an end.

What is the latest Windows version that will support  (British)  TMG version 8.8 please?

I am racing to complete my work before Jan 2020 when Win 7 comes to an end. I can print out descendant indented charts before then I hope. I need these to work in any compatible Win version.

Thank you

TMG v8.8 will run fine on the latest version of Windows 10.

There is only one build of TMG. The UK version of TMG is exactly the same as the US version. The UK version has some UK personalization added after TMG has been installed when the installed program is run for the first time.

Thank you Jim.  Bit worried about Win 10. When it first came out it had a lot of problems.. I have no choice now.

How do I mark this as answered?. After all these years I still don't now albeit I have asked a few people.

5 hours ago, Jim Byram said:

TMG v8.8 will run fine on the latest version of Windows 10.

There is only one build of TMG. The UK version of TMG is exactly the same as the US version. The UK version has some UK personalization added after TMG has been installed when the installed program is run for the first time.

Hello Jim

Just looked at the latest reviews of Windows 10. It sounds like they got rid of the problems and  it will be the last one on this type platform.

They are releasing one new update next month and other updates includes Windows 10 Lite,   Has this been used for TMGW do you know?

Many thanks.

Windows 10 S, which is the lightweight version of Windows 10, will not run TMG.

Windows 10 Lite is not from Microsoft and is not something you want to use for a number of reasons. It would run TMG but by design is inherently insecure.

Hi again Jim

Thank you.

I have been online and so many providers!. I will have to get back to you later just to check  if you don't mind. I have spoken to my tech and will need another computer so cleaning up all my old  files albeit I have an external hard drive, but also want another back up.

I want the Microsoft Office Professional pack 2019. It works on windows 10. Now this is a different cup of tea because I do all descendant charts, and they download into Word 2019?  It is so cheap at the moment. If I don't have to  download I will try and get it now. Is this ok?

I have another question on these charts and now my typesetter has come up with putting into pdf and he can make it smaller.  Too small I think. So I need help on this. I will put in another thread later and attach a sample as I don't think many people use this and a bit of a misunderstanding last time. You need a sample.

Thanks for you help.

I didn't see myself still writing in 2010 and still using TMG.

Form-based reports output as .DOC files are incompatible with Word 2013 and later. These reports must be output as .RTF files to be used with Word.

Jim Byram, will TMG 8.04 run on WIN10?  I too am finally being forced off of WIN7 and am moving over to WIN10.  Hey, at least I'm getting a new PC out of it.  (I guess that's good.)  If TMG8.04 won't run on WIN10 do I have any recourse, or will I lose all of my data?   SCARY THOUGHT!!!!!

On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 8:35 AM, Jim Byram said:

Form-based reports output as .DOC files are incompatible with Word 2013 and later. These reports must be output as .RTF files to be used with Word.

Thanks Jim

Just one confirmation. Does this mean that  I will not have any descendants  vertical lines? I ran RTF reports but they still opened in Word 2010. They are in my output reports as RTF. I  don't believe it is possible to get vertical lines in charts in RTF. Is this correct. The fact that they are opening in Word 2010 is the only reason I am getting lines. I just need to be sure on this point. Otherwise  I will try and keep Word 2010 when I update. My tech will have to do this.

regards

4 hours ago, BJHeard said:

Jim Byram, will TMG 8.04 run on WIN10?  I too am finally being forced off of WIN7 and am moving over to WIN10.  Hey, at least I'm getting a new PC out of it.  (I guess that's good.)  If TMG8.04 won't run on WIN10 do I have any recourse, or will I lose all of my data?   SCARY THOUGHT!!!!!

See my original post in this thread. <TMG v8.8 will run fine on the latest version of Windows 10> So yours will too as it is earlier. But I will let Jim answer.. This thread  is about changing from Win 7.

Kaye

18 hours ago, BJHeard said:

Yes. However, you want to update to v8.08, the last version of TMG8. There was a very important database design change made in TMG v8.05 and you don't want to be running an earlier version.

You can find the download link for the correct TMG v8.08 version here... http://www.rootsusers.org/install.html