Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Lovell

Adding a spouse and not getting marriage tag

When I add a spouse and I get to the add person screen, the marriage tag is on the list BUT  if I fail to enter a marriage date then the marriage tag is not created and the new person is therefore not linked to their spouse. If I do enter a marriage date, then the marriage tag appears and connects the two people as normal.

Anyone else experience this or have ideas on how to fix.

Jeff Lovell

Don't you have to add some sort of date, even just a "ca" date, to have any kind of chronology? I always put at least a guesstimate, before the date of the first known child, or some date which would be reasonable. To me the "ca" means that I don't really know, and it is an educated guess. And that it needs further research.

yes  I understand the ca but I dont want to clutter my work with a lot of guesstimates. I sometimes will do that when I have a rough idea but not as a general rule. Leaving it blank let's me know it needs work, - thanks for your time - jeff

I do include the Sort Date for the Marriage Tag in the Add Person Screen so it will sort approximately correctly when I don't have a marriage date. That still leaves the Date empty. I don't understand why the Marriage Tag is not created for you Jeff when you leave everything blank for that Tag. It is when I try it. 

But you might try adding the Sort Date field and entering something there to see if that makes the Tag appear for you.

Thanks Terry for continuing to figure this out. I do use the sort date for my fields and this marriage issue just recently occurred. I have been using it and it has been working correctly for years. Something changed in the last month. Thanks again

Jeff