I am searching for a person or company with a provider that will build a family web site that will support a TMG database.   

Any advice would be appreciated.

What do you mean by providers? If you mean websites, I use Family History Hosting, which John Cardinal owns nd maintains.

Are you looking for a Genealogist to research and build your family tree for you? But do that and record the data in TMG and publish it using Second Site in a website for you?   What exactly is the scope of work you want done?

No we have the data and it is in TMG + we are using SS.  All this is on our present Web site.  We are not happy with the that website and want to make several upgrades such as stronger password control.  I guess what I need is a web site designer who can deal with TMG and SS.

On 1/1/2020 at 11:47 AM, Quish said:

We have been in contact with John and he is really not interested in the project.

Quish,

I presume this was a system that I discussed mostly with "J.S." back in August. I said I was interested in the work, but that it would be expensive, probably several thousands of dollars. I did not spend the time to produce a detailed estimate because I was not confident that your group would spend that much for what you wanted. I proposed a couple ideas that would reduce the scope of work, and thus the price. J.S. replied, "We will consult with each other and get back to you." I did not receive any further messages on the topic.

The system that J.S. described was essentially a web-based membership system that also would control access to pages generated by Second Site. The system required membership management (add users, assign passwords, restrict access to current members only for some content, etc.). There was also a requirement that members would have email accounts provided as part of the service. There were several other features for managing documents of interest to members that are not part of the SS pages, such as newsletters.

Building all that would take time, even if the project leveraged existing software to provide the basic functionality.

There may be an existing system you can use to manage members. There are free, open source solutions and low-cost solutions. At the time I reviewed the requirements written by J.S., I was not aware of any system that would provide all the requested features, and it was not clear where you/he was willing to compromise.

it may be possible to integrate the static pages generated by SS with a membership system, but someone would have to review the available packages and select the one that has (A) the membership features that are required and (B) will accommodate static pages. After that, someone would have to install the package and customize it, then (possibly) provide some scripts or other tools to make it easy to update the SS pages.