Sign in to follow this  
Quish

Preferences

In TMG preferences options Tag box I have checked show non-primary events.  Then I checked apply and ok.  I works one time but the next time I open this project the non-primary events are again not shown. What can I do to make this preference selection permanent?

Quish,

Preferences that affect the appearance of the TMG screen are part of the Layout. If you change those preferences and want them to persist when you re-open TMG you need to save your changed layout.

Thank you. Now I have one more problem. 

·        There are 1898 in a data set but probably quite a few are not flagged to be included or are still alive. Using SS the ones to be included are based on a “Unaligned” flag. The last time I was able to upload there were 1236 shown in that data set. However now SS will only produce a small number (285) of the total number. Is this a TMG problem or SS? How do I fix?

Back to the first question.  I must still be doing something wrong.  I created a new layout with "show non primary events",  applied, named the layout and saved.  It still opens the next time with out the non primary events,  Even if I go to view layouts and select the one I saved it opens without the non primary events. Then I have to go back to preferences  and change the tag box again  to show non primary event. I have done this over and over hoping to get a different result  but I don't. It just keeps reverting.  

First, Quish, Terry is correct that "most" Preferences which affect the display are stored as part of the Layout.  Unfortunately, filtering to show only Primary events is not.  It is stored with the project's overall Preferences.

Just to be clear look at the "Details" window for any person.  Does the first column of the Tag area have the title "Filtered"?  I assume it does.  There are two ways to change that Filtered setting.   I assume you are opening "Preferences" and under "Tag Box" you are checking "Show non-primary events", and then clicking "Apply" on the Preferences window.  Correct?  That is one way.  If you reopen Preferences is the box "Show non-primary events" still checked?  If not I am guessing you missed the "Apply" step.  A second way to turn off this filtering is to click in the tag area of any person and "Right click" to pop up a menu.  Select "Filter for..." and you can then uncheck the filter item of "Primary events".  In either case when you exit that project it should save the setting in the project overall Preferences.

Hope this helps,

Michael

I followed instructions  (I had hid apply and save before)  And when I Filtered for Primary events was not checked.  The only thing that had a check was non-witnessed events, whatever that is. However before I closed I click the extreme left thing at the top for save layout and Then it reopened as it should.  Thank you