Sign in to follow this  
Terry Reigel

Focus Changes to Different Person after Tag Entry

I've found for the last few days that when I enter a Tag for the current focus person, when I close the Tag Entry Screen the focus shifts to a different person. It seems to be one person for a while, then a different one. Then in one case it didn't shift the focus, but when I tried to enter a new tag the ID# in the new Tag was that of the person it had been shifting to, not the person displayed as current focus person.

Re-indexing hasn't helped.

Is there a known fix for this?

This is the "navigation" issue that was supposedly fixed many years ago.

I don't have any ideas other than trying a clean install.

Thanks, Jim.

I closed and re-opened and it seemed to fix it so far. But I'm pretty sure I did that a few days ago and it came back. If it does again I'll try the re-install.

This «navigation» issue also happens in my project from time to time. It is a a kind of unreproduceable bug. I never found out the situation that causes this unexpected jump to a different person. Luckily, the changes made to the original person are not lost after the jump. The only point I noticed is that the person appearing after the jump has the the same first as well as family name.

Max

Might be enough, but for some people that did not work.  Many seemed to need to force the presence of at least two or three valid entries to prevent the bug from reoccuring.  And you can do that by just going to a couple of people by ID without clearing the history.  Seems simpler.

I get this issue quite frequently. Re-indexing and optimizing don't help. Usually, I can clear it by opening the name tag for the person it defaulted to, making a change to the name and changing it back again and closing the window. I then navigate to the person it is confused with and do the same. In most cases that fixes things. I understand that logically that should not change anything, but logically this shouldn't be happening either so I roll with what works. On the few cases where that does not resolve the issue (most often it seems when the error has not occurred as a result of adding like-named children), I renumber each of the people getting mixed up. Whichever way I get it cleared up, I then re-index and optimize.

I have never noticed a random person in the list of recently viewed people when this error occurs, I have noticed that it does not roll over to the person I am attempting to move to, but assumed that was because I didn't actually get to that person.