kaye

Can't do reports:Counts "Progenitors." up to 700,00!

Sorry, have version 7.

My typesetter is having trouble with my charts fitting.I give him a Word copies for each family. He won't give me a margin suggestion.

I looked at "options" again to see what I could do.

Messed around with index (didn't need it) Now when I create a chart it doest collect data for that family

but in the right-hand corner, it starts counting " Progenitors."  It was counting up 2nd generations and 700,000

(haven't got this number of people) and knew I had done something wrong. 

How do I enable indexes, please? I unticked everything in but it is still happening. Can't stop it and have to close the programme.

Your assistance appreciated. Going to print asap and I am completing charts.

Just checked another project and although index filled in as per default (I think) it still counts" Progenitors."  It was counting up 2nd generations and 700,000+

. Must be something else.

Thank you. I hope someone can help. I am in a lather.

Regards

Edited by kaye

The first thing to do is to click [Reset Defaults] for the report and try it. If that works, rebuild the options for the report.

You can make a note of the options that you used for the report before resetting to default so that it's easier to get back to where you started.

Hello Jim

Yes this worked thanks.

I now have another problem. I reset the fonts and colours. I wanted surname in Bold and I set that in the fonts and clours. All the rest of document I  checked and they were "regular.". I saved the settings but I cannot get surname bold back in reports

Have you any ideas, please?. I checked this four times.I notice there are several options for bold. I use Arial. One is narrow etc

kind regards

Edited by kaye

Hello Jim

Ignore this post thank you 

Thank you. It was definitely showing bold in the surname and couldn't fix it.  I did another default setting and got bold surname text back.

However, I am now getting "Jasmine (--?--)"  when I don't have a surname. In names, I have spouses checked. In names, I have surname caps which I use, but

it is showing "empty name text (--?---)." Now I cannot see what I have done to cause this. My memory, as you can guess, is not what it was. I won't have many people who don't have a surname.

I looked into report output and I found the same family and no I don't have (--?--).showing.  i went into another project  and it is the same setting in names..

Sorry about this.I appreciate your assistance.

Edit. Hold off on this as I deletedd it and did another chart but cannt find the family. Checking it out

Edited by kaye
Fixed problem