kaye

Space needed for Gedcom files.

You mean 15,000 people?

Make a GEDCOM, then you can determine its size.:)

Also, after you make the GEDCOM, examine it with a text editor such as Notepad. Compare a person in the GEDCOM to that person in TMG. You can see what exported.

TMG v9.05 has an option that will export witness links and sort dates.

A new installation of TMG9 gives you 30-days with all features. When you are ready, you can install it and make your GEDCOM exports. Copy or restore your projects to the TMG9 user folders. DO NOT update your TMG8 projects (in the TMG8 folders) to TMG9 if you want to continue to use them in TMG8.

btw... I'll do the GEDCOM exports with v9.05 for you if you wish. I have the optimal settings for GEDCOM export set up. That way, you'll not need to try and figure out the settings that you'll have trouble understanding.

Many thanks Jim

I will have a look. Finishing by Dec 24. I hope. I didnt think I could still get version 9.

Ilost myu post but reg

Edited by kaye
lost this reply . Did another

On 12/10/2020 at 10:59 AM, Jim Byram said:

You mean 15,000 people?

Make a GEDCOM, then you can determine its size.:)

Also, after you make the GEDCOM, examine it with a text editor such as Notepad. Compare a person in the GEDCOM to that person in TMG. You can see what exported.

TMG v9.05 has an option that will export witness links and sort dates.

A new installation of TMG9 gives you 30-days with all features. When you are ready, you can install it and make your GEDCOM exports. Copy or restore your projects to the TMG9 user folders. DO NOT update your TMG8 projects (in the TMG8 folders) to TMG9 if you want to continue to use them in TMG8.

btw... I'll do the GEDCOM exports with v9.05 for you if you wish. I have the optimal settings for GEDCOM export set up. That way, you'll not need to try and figure out the settings that you'll have trouble understanding.

Hi Jim

Yea about that many people. I have notepad storage as I just saw it while doing some trouble shooting. No Idea what it is about. I have hundreds of Dropbox files but cant remeber when iIlast used them. I will have a loook. First i have a major problem I just posted. I seem to have a problem with my back ups that hs to be fixed.

I lost my previous post to this post. You will find this horrific but I have never used TMGW as intended. I found it very boring and nothing I would be intersted in doing. Also the information is so stilted it is not me., I am a  history major and just used TMGW for for BDM's and used memos for anything else. I did use  sources. My research is in an organised system in Word. I only have one family to complete and the rest is being typeset. But I still want to keep my data.. I have another project that just has data and I may do some charts one day. Yes I am happy to purchase version 9 andhave you do two projects on a consultancy basis.

How can we proceed?  I have another day I can't work.  All my programmes i use had some problems all of asudden  and I have been trouble shooting for days.  I also have a bibliography package and that had a problem.  I have windws 7 64 bit. I should have completed my book 3 years ago. I changed  my Word template to accomodate my typesetters Design pakage as  spoused were not lining up etc. So I have to  get the charts done so i can change back to my normal template. I found my word docs lost their settings. I am usng arial 8 in TMGW and I have to do his margins.

King regards

Kaye