Sign in to follow this  
FrankT

Downloading .pdf file of Descendant Narrative Report in Windows 10

Hi Folks,

I am using TMG V9, now with Windows 10. Everything still working alright.

Except… I have recently generated a Descendent Indented Narrative Report, but it won’t save to .pdf file. I can print it, but when I select "Save to:" and hit create report, I keep getting error messages stating:

Printer not activated, error code -30

Ter Print2, Error code 15     Unable to start the print job

And

Error exporting to: <file location>

I got around this by printing the report and then scanning to .pdf, and Terry Reigel has suggested a workaround in selecting "Screen Preview", "Print" and then using the MS "Print to PDF" option.  

Has anyone a "cleaner" solution to this problem?

Regards,

Frank.

Edited by FrankT

Under Windows 10, to print a PDF report using the Wholly Genes PDF printer driver, you need to temporarily run TMG as administrator and print the PDF report.

The AmyUni PDF printer driver used by TMG is long out of date for Windows 10; however, running as administrator to print a PDF report gets around that.

Alternatively, as Terry suggested, you can use an external PDF printer driver. (I currently get an error trying to use the Microsoft Print to PDF driver from TMG and that's been the case for some time.)

Apologies for my ignorance, Jim, but I don't know how to run TMG as administrator. Terry's solution using Microsoft Print to PDF works on my machine, so I'll stick with that.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond.