Sign in to follow this  
hwince

Relation remark

I am creating a new project, a copy of which I intend to provide to a relative. This new project will include my wife's grandfather and his family and descendants. In my Main project, this person (#4697) and I (#1) have the Relation setup such as, "Relation> grandfather of the wife of Henry Wilson Ince, Jr (1)" remark at the top of his individual entries. How do I repeat the "Relation" remark for #4697 in my new project? Thanks.

With the new project open...

File / Preferences / Current Project Options / Other

Select Automatic "Relation" tag
Enter "1" in the Focus person field
Make sure the 'or the spouse' option is not selected if you don't want this
Click [Refresh relationships]

That's it.

(edited to make the focus person #1)

Hello Jim, Thanks for your quick response. However, I was not clear enough. When I follow the steps you've recommended, I end up with the Relation> statement at the top of #4697's Person page which reads "same as Alfred J. Pinkerton (4697) b. 8 Nov 1869". However, in my Main Project, that Relation> statement at the top of #4697's Person page reads "grandfather of the wife of Henry Wilson Ince, Jr (1)", which is what I would prefer in the new project. What steps do I need to follow to achieve that? Thanks again.

Thanks all. Everything working great now. However, I must explain that I needed also to leave the "or the spouse ....." box checked to achieve my objective, since #4697 is directly related to my wife rather than to me. Thus, with that box checked, now the Relation> remark for #4697 reads "grandfather of the wife of Henry Wilson Ince (1) b. 07 Jun 1930" which is what I was wanting. Thanks again. Issue resolved.