Sign in to follow this  
pwiegand

Stuck in Repair Mode and Can't Open File

The power went out at exactly the moment I hit f9 and I can't open my main file - if I try to open it without closing the sample file it says "an error happened when opening the data tables" and if I try with the sample file closed it says "The project is in use elsewhere." In addition, TMG is running in repair mode even after opening uncorrupted files and rebooting my computer.

There are no CDX files for my crashed project.

I've emptied my temp files.

Is there anything else I can do? 

You normally exit repair mode by exiting TMG and restarting. If you start TMG showing the Welcome screen (as you should be doing), you can exit without opening any project.

You understand that your project actually might be damaged?

I can examine your project if you wish.

I do start with the Welcome screen - learned that one the hard way many years ago. It finally got out of repair mode after several restarts and reboots (which were probably unnecessary).

I do understand my project is probably damaged - the power went out exactly as I pressed F9 so things were being written (in my rudimentary understanding of these things).

I would be most appreciative if you would have a look, it's about 5,051kb zipped. Thank you.

If the backup is too large to email, you'll need to upload the project so that I can download it. A 5Mb .ZIP file shouldn't be an issue.

You can contact me by email by clicking on the link below...

Jim Byram

Paula,

The person and name tables had damaged headers.

I fixed those and ran the maintenance routines to clean up the project.

Jim