Sign in to follow this  
tmalek

Headstone Applications for Military Veterans

Have recently come across a few of the above applications related to deceased uncles. Suggestions would be appreciated as to wording for sources, citations, etc.  Thanks. Tom

Tom,

I use a custom "Government Record - All Purpose" Source Type with the following Templates:

Full Footnote:

[SUBJECT]<, [SUFFIX]><, [FILE NUMBER]><, [FILE DATE]>, [TITLE]<, [FILM]><, [REPOSITORY]><, [REPOSITORY ADDRESS]><, [COMMENTS]><, [CD]>

Short Footnote:

<[SF GIVEN NAME] >[SUBJECT]<, [SUFFIX]>, [TITLE]<, [CD]>

Bibliography:

[SUBJECT]<, [SUFFIX]>, [TITLE].< [FILM].>< [REPOSITORY].>< [REPOSITORY ADDRESS].>

Note that the Source Element [SF GIVEN NAME] is a custom Source Element that repeats the given name, which is otherwise omitted in the short footnote. It's needed because I may find the same kind of record for several members of the same family with the same surname.

Since this is a "splitter" type source with one Source defined for each application, no entry is required in the Citation other than any notes about how the record supports (or doesn't) the entry in the Tag.

Thanks, Terry. I like your [SF GIVEN NAME] and have added it to my custom Source Elements and have had occasion to use it twice.