Somehow I have ended up with several different exhibit folders. New installation of Windows 10 happened in April, and now things are being saved to OneDrive (can't figure out how to stop that, but that's a question for another day), also I have backed up TMG to my Google Drive (including the Exhibit folders) so that everything will be accessible on my laptop. Anyway, I now have exhibit folders with the following paths (and none of the folders contains ALL my exhibits): Anita Tally>Documents>The Master Genealogist v9> Exhibits (contains 226 files); This PC>Documents>The Master Genealogist v9>Exhibits (contains 292 files); c:\Users\anita\Google Drive\The Master Genealogist v9\Exhibits (contains 332 files); and c:\Users\anita\OneDrive\Documents\The Master Genealogist v9\Exhibits (contains 292 files). I'm dreaming of a way to put all the files into ONE Exhibit folder - BUT WHICH ONE? Can someone help? Thanks in advance.

Anita Tally

Kansas City, MO

You want _NO_ TMG data that you are working with on a cloud location. None. No exceptions unless you are really hoping for a disaster to occur. TMG is not designed to work with cloud services and, eventually, something will go wrong.

You can _copy_ your backups to cloud services so that the backups are available from multiple systems.

The default TMG exhibits folder is...

C:\Users\(your user account name)\Documents\The Master Genealogist v9\Exhibits (unless you have relocated the Documents folder).

(I use a different folder in Documents (Gen_Media with subfolders) since the files are linked by multiple applications.)

TMG can link to exhibits located anywhere; however, they are much easier to manage if they are located in one folder or one folder tree.

You kill OneDrive by right-clicking on the icon in the taskbar tray (on the right) and selecting the options and turning everything off (unselecting items). If there is no OneDrive icon in the taskbar tray, then run OneDrive. After changing the OneDrive options, you can then exit OneDrive.