Tracy

My serial number isn't working can't log onto TMG

Sometimes when I reboot my computer I have to re-enter the serial number as the software can't seem to remember it.  I purchased this back in about 2010.  I have the email giving me the serial number and it isn't working this time.  When I send email to support@whollygenes.com it tells me "

maildrop: maildir over quota.
maildrop: maildir over quota.

Any ideas?

Thanks.  Tracy

You need to enter the registration information exactly as received in the email from Wholly Genes.

1)  Enter the information running TMG normally as a standard user.

2) Enter the information a second time running TMG as administrator. Right-click on the TMG shortcut and select 'Run as administrator'. Respond affirmatively to the security prompt and then enter the registration information. Exit TMG once that is done.

Now you can run TMG normally.

The error message I'm getting is:  image.png.159aa94cd7c38206da2fb2cde95676a0.png

When I run as administrator, the correct serial number shows on the screen before it opens TMG in read-only.  When I run as myself the same screen pops up and shows the trial version of the serial number.  Either way I still get the read-only version.  When I've had the re-enter serial number issue on reboot in the past it always worked to input the serial number from the 2010 email from Wholly Genes.  Where is it checking to verify the serial number?  Does it try to validate to a wholly genes server which may not be available now?  I even manually typed in the serial number. 

Edited by Tracy

Hello Michael,

I have the original email stating what to enter including my email address, which hasn't changed.  One weird thing.  When I insert the serial number, the cursor goes to the penultimate character in the serial number.  As though the serial number is too long for the spot....  The cursor will not stay at the end of the entered serial number.

Thanks for your help.  Tracy

Thanks Michael.  32 digits it is.  I'm waiting for a previous computer to install its updates so I can take a look and see what serial number that installation is using.

Appreciate the help.

Tracy