cdenbow

Missing Exhibits TMGU Can't Find

I have a strange problem: When I run VFI it reports that I have three exhibits which were not found.  TMGU reports that everything with the exhibits is copacetic -- finds no problems at all.  When I look at the LastVFI log it says;

29-10-2021, 14:05:17 !>C:\Users\CJD\Documents\The Master Genealogist v9\Exhibits\CHD BIRTH CERTIFICATE.TIF  not found.
29-10-2021, 14:05:17 !>C:\Users\CJD\Documents\The Master Genealogist v9\Exhibits\CHD Birth Certificate.jpg  not found.
29-10-2021, 14:05:17 !>C:\Users\CJD\Documents\The Master Genealogist v9\Exhibits\2007-03-03_SAD Birth Certificate.jpg  not

When I look at the exhibits for the persons thus identified nothing appears amiss.  I've tried to delete these files and then add them back, but that doesn't seem to help either. 

I'm left wondering if there may be some corrupt pointers that are pointing other locations than the ones specific, which are correct.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Carl

Here's one example of a missing exhibit that can't be found. If you ever edit an exhibit in TMG with the image editor, a 'last version' backup file is created. If that backup file is ever deleted, then a permanent missing exhibit is the result.

This is a good reason never to edit image exhibits in TMG.:)

The record can be located and removed from the exhibit table if necessary.

Jim: I don't think I ever edited an image exhibit in TMG, but I suppose it's possible.  How would I go about removing any such images records from the exhibit table?  Thanks. -- Carl

Carl,

You commented:

When I look at the exhibits for the persons thus identified nothing appears amiss.

But you did not say how you checked the exhibits for these people.  If you simply click the Exhibit Log icon when viewing a person's details, the log opens with the default settings of "Sort: None", "Focus: A Person", "Type: All Types".  But that only checks the exhibits linked to this person, and possibly their events if you have checked "Show event exhibits" at the bottom of the Exhibit Log screen.  Even then you may be missing checking some exhibits associated with this person.  Try the setting: "Focus: A Source".  This will now list all exhibits linked to any Source Record.  Based on the names of the exhibit files I suspect? these exhibits might have been linked to a Source Record which was then cited to the Birth event.  The Exhibit Log will identify the ID number of the Source Record that the exhibit is linked to.

If that doesn't show a missing exhibit, try "Focus: A Citation".

Just a wild guess, but worth checking.

Thanks, Jim and Michael.  I've now tried to focus on all the possibilities and paged through all the exhibits and none of them indicate that they are not properly linked.  I'm becoming increasingly suspicious that there is some corruption in my database.  I had a problem with that a number of years ago and cleaned everything up at that time, and all has been good since then until now.  Not sure what's going on.  Any further suggestions welcome. -- Carl 

An update:  Now I find that I have a fourth "mystery exhibit" that says it's not linked but when I look it is actually linked.  This is a person who I was working on recently, and I just placed the exhibit, which was linked solely to her Person page and nowhere else.  It's a photo of her tombstone.  It is still in the Image window and when clicked on it comes up to full size, but Last VFI lists the exhibit as missing:

05-12-2021, 18:15:24 !>C:\Users\CJD\Documents\The Master Genealogist v9\Exhibits\DC Lina Linke.png  not found.

Something appears serious wrong here.   

Carl

Edited by cdenbow