beetle3247

How Do You Delete, or Change the Auto Relationship Tag to Me

First of all, I have the auto relationship turned on to relate all back to me. When I originally entered a "cousin" TMG calculated that relationship. I have now found that that "cousin" was adopted by both "parents." How do I change that tag, and the tags of her descendants, to be "no blood relationship" so that she and her descendants do not show up on reports of those related to me?

Beetle,

You do that by making his Mother and Father tag non-primary. To do that, make him the focus, select the Father tag at the top, and click the * button or the * keyboard key, and confirm. Repeat for the Mother tag. This will move those tags to the main Tag Box below. It will also keep him from showing in any TMG reports as their child, or them as his parents.

TMG is at its heart a genealogy program, and does not provide any simple ways to deal well with adopted children.

Beetle,

The auto-relationship tag is not recalculated automatically, because of the time it would take to do that all the time. One way to do that is to go to Preferences>Current Project Option > Other and un-check the Automatic "Relation" Tag, click Apply, then re-check that box.