Sign in to follow this  
gdlemail

Marriage deleted but still shows up on reports and tree

Somehow, one of my grandparents had a marriage tied to her husband AND to another person. I deleted the wrong marriage, and in the Person view, there is no marriage tag. However, in the Family and in the Tree tabs, and in reports, the marriage still shows up. What am I missing here?

I checked all 3 person views before I posted, and none of them show the erroneous marriage, only the Family and Tree views and the reports. I have also executed the File Maintenance utilities to Reindex, Optimize and Validate the tables. I shut TMG down and restarted it, and the problem remains. It's as if the DELETE function failed/stopped part way through, and left a tag reference somewhere I - and the Person view - can't get to.

Edited by gdlemail

The Tree view doesn't actually show marriages. The Family view will show the date and place of a marriage event. Is that what you see?

Otherwise, both the Family view and Tree view will show a "spouse" if they have children together.

I've attached a series of screenshots to show the problem. Avarinah Lloyd was correctly married to Isaac I. Parry. The erroneous marriage is to Evan Parry. Note that the marriage does not show up in the Person tab for any of the 3 people involved, but is referenced and available in the Family and Tree tabs. The marriage also shows up on the Descendant Box Chart for Evan and Isaac's father. 

TMG error-1.jpg

TMG error-2.jpg

TMG error-3.jpg

TMG error-4.jpg

TMG error-5.jpg

TMG error-6.jpg

TMG error-7.jpg

TMG error-8.jpg

TMG error-9.jpg

Edited by gdlemail

Avarinah Lloyd (88) and Evan Parry  (408) are shown as the parents of Marianna Parry (1458). That makes a family.

One of the parents of Marianna Parry (1458) is incorrect?

I removed Avarinah as Marianna's mother, and linked Marianna to her correct mother, and that removed all references between Evan and Avarinah. I was a little too focused on the relationship of the adults that I ignored the daughter being linked wrong. Thanks.

Edited by gdlemail