Sign in to follow this  
jcrohio

Exhibit Issue

I am migrating from Desktop where TMG 9 was located on the E drive. The C drive was small and used primarily for the operating system. The new laptop only has a C drive. Everything went over fine except all my exhibits. They are all showing up as frowny faces (missing). The Properties Screen shows them all as being located on the old E drive not the new C drive hence all are listed as missing. I have checked all the preferences and they all point to the new C drive. I have run all the maintenance option including Validate File Integrity and checking the Search For Missing Exhibits box. Nothing does any good. In fact, that last option froze TMG. Kind of at lost on what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jack

Did you use Validate File Integrity / External exhibits feature to update the exhibit paths? Your description sounds like the exhibit paths are still pointing to drive E.

"Your description sounds like the exhibit paths are still pointing to drive E" That is exactly what they are doing. I used the Validate File Integrity / External exhibits feature but it froze TMG 9 every time I tried it. My Exhibits folder has a lot of subfolders. There was a feature to check for this but that too froze TMG9.

Thanks for your help. Went back and started over with the whole thing. This time when I used the Validate File Integrity / External exhibits feature I got sidetracked and let it run even when it looked like it froze TMG. And it worked! Sorry to waste your time but I think everything is OK.

Jack