I am using TMG 9.05 within a Parallels shell 17.1.1 for Windows 10 Home on a MacBook 12.1.  Last successfully backed up 3 days ago to Microsoft OneDrive on my MacBook (2018).  Tried to back up today and got a TMG error message: "Input file read failure - this error occurs when a file read operation is performed on a Zip file that is locked or restricted by another process." 

I can't think of anything I have done to cause this problem.  It's possible I upgraded to Mac OS 12.1 after the last backup there days ago

Any suggestions very much appreciated.

Thank You,

Grady Houseknecht

"

Thanks for the suggestion Jim.  Should have thought of it myself.  Not that I think this would make a difference, but I forgot to mention I'm running Parallels/Windows/TMG on an external monitor.

Tried rebooting Windows, rebooting the Mac, opening TMG on the Mac (monitor) only.  Same problem/error message each time.

Any other thoughts?  I've stopped imputting data as the thought of possibly losing it would be nerve-racking.  With the Mac I back up several times a day (automatically) via Time Machine to an attached hard drive. Don't know if I could recover TMG from it aside from this relying upon hardware and not the cloud.

Again, thank you Jim for the suggestion.

Regards, 

Grady

Edited by gradyhouse@aol.com
spelling

My only other suggestion is to try making the backup in TMG locally rather than to OneDrive or to the OneDrive local folder. Try the default TMG Backups folder. If the backup is successful, you can always copy the backup file to OneDrive. 

You can always 'back up' your project by making an archive of the Projects folder (or the specific folder containing your project). I'd use 7-Zip and making a .7z archive since the compression will be better (as opposed to making .ZIP files).

btw... It's great that you realize the need to make frequent backups. Keep it up.